• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

spot cleaning question

mazzy

what's the best way to spot-clean? i'm using paper towel as substrate but some of the waste has been getting on the bottom of the tank. i plan on ordering some nolvasan as has been recommended here, or seeing if i can find something comperable when i go to the pet store tommorow. but until then, what's the best and safest way to clean small amounts of waste off the bottom?

Dunno if this helps at all but I saw that you mentioned novalsan for spot cleaning... I'm a vet tech and my animal hospital will sell bags of cotton balls soaked in novalsan as well as bottles of diluted novalsan when people ask for it. I don't know how much that will cost you at your local animal hospital but I'm pretty sure you can manage to get it at a cheap price.

As far as your question is concerned: If I were you, I would try spot cleaning with a dab of novalsan when needed and then routinely clean out and scrub everything in the viv every other week or as needed. That should keep everything pretty clean imho.

Back