• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Spring cleaning the pond

Lennycorn

Just see the truth
Seem like I always get wet doing this job!
But the Warden is happy!!
Almost fill up!
IMG_0041.jpg

The shy gang!!
IMG_0043-1.jpg

The seem to have grown in the winter.
IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0045-2.jpg

IMG_0044-2.jpg

This is a pic from last year.
butteroncorn035.jpg

It's nice the hear the sound of the running water too.
Enjoy

How deep is it? Did the fish overwinter outside? I haven't even bought about mine yet!!

Not deep at all, only 18". The fish stay in all winter with no feeding and no pump/running water. I keep chicken wire over it for the winter. Supported by a 4x4,sort of like a roof shape. This is a tad early but it's ""warm"" up here. I did find a new roommate, a frog that came close to being suck up in the shop vac.

There are six water plants in there too. What type, I have no clue, you have to ask the wife on that one.

Very nice!:cheers: I was at my brothers yesterday,his still has a thin coat of ice on it.

Yes, ours only saw a few days of ice on it. Three days here...four day there... but over all a mild winter.

We had three fish before but one die over the winter. I was moving the chicken wire and one of the rocks fell in and broke the ice. The wife said that was the cause of death. News to me.
So this winter I didn't know what to expect!!

Ok if you say so...
Things I do know about it...

-Free pond liner
Somebody in the hood was throw it out!! Wife saw it! My lost!.
-It hold about eighty gallons of water. I had to figure that out, My lost!
-The pump/filter does 80 gal per hr. I clean it about every three to four days. My lost! Cost......wife wouldn't tell me. Unknown lost.
-Rocks around the pond cost about $90 on sale. A win! I guess.
-Mutch was free just had to pick it up.. Another """win""'
-Six water plants all but one where where free. Winning!!
-Plants around back of pond. Free, recieved one of them two years ahead of time. It was tranplanted twice. My lost.
-Fish free and free supply if they die. A win.

I do this cause it sound nice.

:laugh:

Very pretty!! I'd love a little pond like that, if it came with someone to take care of it for me :laugh:

Not deep at all, only 18". The fish stay in all winter with no feeding and no pump/running water. I keep chicken wire over it for the winter. Supported by a 4x4,sort of like a roof shape. This is a tad early but it's ""warm"" up here. I did find a new roommate, a frog that came close to being suck up in the shop vac.

There are six water plants in there too. What type, I have no clue, you have to ask the wife on that one.

It is early but with it being so warm this winter everyone is starting up their ponds earlier then normal. We have sold at least 20 koi in the last month, probably more because it has been so warm.

Very pretty!! I'd love a little pond like that, if it came with someone to take care of it for me :laugh:

The above post was a ""funny" husband post.
Men don't have ponds lol

But, it not really hard after you set it up. I just clean it out in the spring because it would take tooooooo long with the filter and clog it every day!!

Usually it's every four days, pull the filter out, rinse the dirt out with a garden hose and put it back. It seen to attract the birds too.
So....it alright.

Back