• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Stargazing

Fair enough, it just seems like the sort of thing which would be good to include in a sticky. And the wording of the forum is "health issues/feeding problems" rather than "illness/feeding problems" so this seemed like the appropriate forum. But never mind, was just wondering :D

I think it would be better served in the genetics sticky since it is a genetically caused issue. I do think a couple cases were proved illness related but it happened with older snakes and true stargazers are like that from birth. Don't apologize for asking, its a good thing to have brought up now and then to remind everyone it is out there.

With the phrasing of "Health Issues" it made sense in my mind that if someone found a case of Stargazing in their clutch, and didn't know what it was, then they'd look in the Health Issues stickies.

I think it is quite a good thing have brought up / stickied as it's a simple recessive gene and has no apparent symptoms in carriers, so people don't know that their snakes carry it until they produce stargazers (after potentially breeding and selling on het animals).
I'm hoping it'll be eradicated through education and test breedings before Stargazing has a similar attitude toward it as that of Spider royal pythons - that it's just part of the package.

Back