• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Still acting mean

Lineman_dh

My 3 year old corn snake just started acting like he wants to strike at me nothing has changed from the normal routine he shed bout 2 weèks ago, i dont know what to do

How long have you had him? What are the temps reading? Has he actually tried striking you and when does this seem to happen?

Have you been eating or cooking with garlic? Mine hate that smell and it makes them snappy if I try to handle them for a day or two afterwards. Or have you changed your cosmetics or hand soap? Maybe it's masking the smell that they usually expect from you.

High temps are another reason for Corns becoming snappy, so that's definitely worth double-checking.

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I had wondered if new soap effected them. Thanks for posting that, Bitsy. Because I used a new soap the other day and could swear that Ala was smelling (with her tongue) me more than usual. I thought I might have been imagining it, but there this sort of "who is this?" about her body language.

Persistent low temps usually lead them to become slower and lethargic. It's the hot end of the spectrum which can make them hyperactive and snappy.

Back