• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

STILL NOT FEEDING

progressive74

I have just come home to find that my corn has now had his first shed which is great, when i got in he was out from under his bark and searching the viv, i attempted to feed him but he was simply not intrested and hid under a rock. it has now been twenty days since he last ate. should i be concerned?

put him/her in a deli cup and leave a thawed pink in there, put the top on and put the cup in the dark or in something that he can't see anything but that pinky.

if he hasn't eaten for you YET while being in the tank you have a better chance if he is in a smaller setting where he can comfortably confront his food and ingest without harassment.

Good luck, keep us posted

YES!!!!!

ok so i left some food in a container inside his viv and i came in this morning to find that it had been eaten thank god, i am now happy that he has both shed and fed. now i could just stop him biting me when i try and handle him i shall be much happier

The reason he took so long to start feeding is because you are handling him!!! If it didn't eat for 20 days you shouldn't have been holding it at all during this time.

If a snake stops feeding you stop holding it. They do not like being held, and it can cause young ones to stop feeding for weeks. If you KEEP holding it, they less they will want to eat. Leave it ALONE for a couple weeks until it gets on a regular feeding schedual.

good luck
bmm

Bmm's right

and don't worry about the biting. It's highly unlikely that this will continue as he gets older. You can't calm a hatchling. Flightyness and biting are just in their nature, some more than others. Handling isn't going to speed anything up, just stress the snake, IMHO.

I have a real devil I produced this year that is the most aggressive hatchling I've seen out of hundreds, and I haven't (quite) given up hope that he'll calm and normal by this time next year.

And when it eats, don't hold it again for at least three days. I finnaly got my hatchling to eat, held her two days after, and that morning I found a little regurgitated pinky in the tank. I'm sure hatchlings are more likely to regurg. from stress than adults.

Back