• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Strange...

DJTorss

Snow-Liker
A lot of people said to me that my young snow corn will live on the ground, and stay the more of is time on is hide. But my little snow one rarely enter on his hide (only if he feel in danger, or after i manipulate him.) He is always on the air, always sleeping on his little tree. Is this normal?

Well, all corns are unique have their own behavior so it is possible that your snake just likes to be in his tree. Another possibility is that the temperature in his hide is either too hot or too cold. Do you monitor the temps?? It is also good if you have two hides, one on the warm side and one on the cool. My corns are never in the warm hide and are always in their cool one. Maybe the temps in his hide are not suiting him. :shrugs:

The temperature on the viv is between 31 and 25 in the day, and 27 and 21 in the night. The hide is on the half of the two temperatures.

Its also quite possible that he does not feel safe in his hide. You need more then one, on each end. Snakes prefer hides that fit them very tightly, being able to feel the sides touch them is very comforting. Try experementing with different kinds and sizes of hides.

31C = 87.8F - Which is a bit high, and 21C = 69.8 degrees Fahrenheit is too low..
The temperatures should be 80-85 on the warm side, and 75-80 on the cool. What are you using to take these temperatures, A digital thermometer (often called indoor-outdoor) with a probe is best, as gauges and stick on ones measure ambient temperautre (with bad accuracy) and you want the substrate temp. Also a Thermostat/rheostat is highly recommended to stop temp flucuations to a degree .. 'scuse the pun!

my snake also lies in his vines a lot..

think i'll try lower his day temps a bit and use a smaller hide.

i guess some snakes like warmer temps, some like colder ?

It is also very possible that your snake actually enjoys it up high. The temps in my daughter's viv are perfect. When she needs to digest, she goes to her warm hide. Other than that, she's always in the vines and leaves.

My other snakes prefer it on the ground.

Kathy

I have reverified the temperature (with a laser thermometer) and realised that the temperature is ok. I think that he only like to be in is vine.

Back