• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Strangles started coiling!

JeffDenver

This is so cool...he just started doing this today. He's never coiled around food before.

Strangles%20-%20April%2028%202011%20-%202.png

Strangles%20-%20April%2028%202011%20-%201.png

Sorry for the image quality...it was bad lighting combined with the plastic feeding cage...so there is a lot of distortion.

I think it is because the food is so big he has to coil to swallow it. This is his third fuzzy though, so he doesnt seem to have a problem getting them down. This is the first time I have ever seen him coil though.

I weighed him today too. 19 grams! He was only 12 grams when I first got him.

He is young. I weighed him before this picture and he was 19 grams. He is the same size as hatchlings sold at pet stores.

I see it quite often that they start strangling when moved to fuzzy's, like in nature they would struggle too much to be eaten alive perhaps... I don't see many hatchlings coil a pinky, though some do.

He didnt do it initially...I think he did it more to help him swallow it than because he thought it would struggle. The prey item is pretty big for his size, though it is still less than 1.5x his thickest part (in fact I think it is 1x his thicket part now).

Back