• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Strictly live in corns - rare?

dan803

Born this way
So this big male from Craigslist really doesn't eat f/t. It's the reason the owner didn't want him anymore. He took live from tongs with no problem 2 weeks ago but no amount of f/t "dancing" today convinced him. He acts interested, coming out of his hide and following it, flicking his tongue rapidly but the strike never comes. I left it in there but he isn't a shy feeder or anything.

So I guess I need to go out and buy a live mouse every fortnight. How common is this with corns? I know ball pythons can be like this but I thought corns are supposed to be more flexible eaters!

Its also spring time. My big male will go off eating for about 6 weeks in the spring at lesast then pick back up later. I had a japanese rat snake i switched over and it took me 3 months to get him to make the swith! So keep up the hard work hah and trust me, it pays off once you get them to make the change!

I would give ther rat snake a meal once every 4 weeks of live if he wasnt eating at all. What in e end made him switch, s giving him a bowl of blind 2-3 fuzzies with 1-2 f/t then eventually having no live in there and he couldnt tell the difference. It also helped that he was pretty hungry by the time the meal got there too :p

Could be that it is spring and mating season. Or it could be he wont eat f/t. I think some people on here suggested feeding a smaller live prey then when the snake is done with that and still in feed mode try a f/t.

Back