• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Stripe vs Diffused Stripe?

Stormy

Keeper of scaley things.
Does anyone have any photos of these? i have two new stripe babies that have me scratching my head a bit so I would like something to compare them to.

Im trying to get some shots of their sides but on the top they have the nice bold stripe pattern then the sides are pretty much empty.

IMG_0092.jpg

with the flash
IMG_0089.jpg

To be perfectly honest there isn't a definitive way to tell without test breeding. This has been an ongoing problem with the combining of these morphs. I would not buy, nor would I sell an animal as a Blood Stripe combo that came from a breeding that produced both Blood stripes and Normal Stripes. It's too dicey.

Terri

To be clear I didnt buy these two. These are a result of my Anery het stripe, diffused x Amel Motley Stripe. Out of the 6 that hatched out I got two stripes, one motley and 3 normals.

It is far more likely that they are normal stripes than that your amel stripe also had a hidden diffused gene and they are blood stripes. The only way to know for sure is with breeding trials.

the first stripe i bought at a show i thought might have been a blood/het blood because of it's gray head like yours has, but turned out that's pretty typical. their looks could also be affected by their being het diffused.

It is far more likely that they are normal stripes than that your amel stripe also had a hidden diffused gene and they are blood stripes. The only way to know for sure is with breeding trials.

I was already planning on this! This is going to be a whole new lesson in patience.

Would people be willing to post more pictures of the sides of their stripes and diffused stripes? It would be great if we could figure out a reliable way to tell the difference between the two earlier in life.

I love suprises like that!

Now I just need to wait for the poop monsters to poop so I can pop them. Heres to hoping the two stripes are male and female. Or maybe even the motley to. Thanks for the info guys!

Back