• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Stripped Albino King & Rosy

randomrhetoric

the snake drummer
I just rescued/adopted an albino king snake and a rosy boa. I am posting some pics of them. The previous caretaker did not know the sex and I guess the boa to be about 3-4 years old and the king at about 2-3. The rosy is a little over 4 feet long and the king is about 2 and a half. The previous caretakers did not know where the rosy came from nor do I. If anyone is able to tell by her color patterns that would be awesome. They do not have names but I am happy to have them...

Enjoy

101_0504.jpg

101_0515.jpg

101_0518.jpg

101_0522.jpg

101_0524.jpg

101_0525.jpg

101_0526.jpg

LOL. I second that... Nice king. But that is NOT a Rosey Boa. Unsure what it is, but could it be a Red-Tailed Boa?

Fred

I didnt think it was a rosy either to be honest. The guy I got them from insisted that it was a rosy. If anyone knows what kind of snake this is please let me know..

Could be BCC or BCI...
Couldn't be red-tailed...the tail is tooo dark for red.
Could be a Central American Boa-BCI.
Both of them are really pretty!

hehe, I was pretty confused too. I LOVE rosy's, that ain't one of em'.

The biggest difference is that rosy's get 3 feet, that snake will probably get 6 or 7.
Also, rosies always seem to have this dumb look on their face.

But congrats on the nice animals! Why is it a rescue? Where they abused?

Why is it a rescue? Where they abused?

I say it is a rescue because the previous owners didn't know much about the snakes at all and I felt that they were being neglected...

I think it might be a BCI, but I am not sure. She is gorgeuos whatever she is.

OMG!!! You just became "big" snake owner! When I read four and a half foot Rosy, I had to see it! But that is a beautiful boa constrictor! And the king looks nice and friendly! Geez, so forget all that discussion about how to keep a rosy, this is a whole different thing.

OMG!!! You just became "big" snake owner! When I read four and a half foot Rosy, I had to see it! But that is a beautiful boa constrictor! And the king looks nice and friendly! Geez, so forget all that discussion about how to keep a rosy, this is a whole different thing.

LOL! Yeah, that was a completely pointless thread now... The guy swore up and down that it was a rosy and when I got there I knew that this couldn't be a rosy. The coloring is completely different and she is long but he insisted that he got her from a breeder that only bred rosys so being a noob I left it at that.. Now I know and knowing is half the battle... Go Joe!! The real American hero!

Wow. I can't believe they told us it was a rosy. LMAO. I thought a 55g was big for a rosy. :laugh:

Well Nice pick up either way, I shouldn't have passed them up ;)

Wow. I can't believe they told us it was a rosy. LMAO. I thought a 55g was big for a rosy. :laugh:

Well Nice pick up either way, I shouldn't have passed them up ;)

No you should not have! But thanks for the heads up. I am happy to have them and you are free to visit them whenever.

Back