• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Substrate Preference

Todd120

What substrate do you prefer.

I was looking at Repti-Bark. It looks very rough and uncomfortable, but would be good for shedding.

I use aspen for my corn and started using repti-bark for my ball Python. I rather like the repti-bark, because I find it less messy than aspen. I was thinking of maybe changing part of Jax's tank to it and seeing how I felt about it vs aspen.

I use reptile bark for most of my snakes and 1 is on carefresh. I don't care for aspen personally.

Aspen Sani Chips. Hands down, the best bedding I have ever used. It clumps like cat litter for easy poo clean up.

And yes, I feed on it. Yes, some gets ingested. No problem with poop or impaction.

I was using aspen but switched to paper towel because my hatchlings have the tiniest little poops. Once they get bigger and their poop becomes easier to find I'll start using aspen again

Everything in a shoe box tub is on select a size paper towels. Perfect fit. Anything bigger is on aspen whether its a tub or Viv...

I only really have experience with one substrate: Aspen.

Easy poop cleanup (clumps)
Looks Great
A couple of my snakes like to burrow in it

My one problem: I find it messy. I find it sticks to my clothing and ends up on the ground even outside the snake room

For my corn, I use the aspen made for snakes, because it's easier to burrow in than the bigger chips. He has tunnels all over the place.
For my Ball Python, I use a 50/50 of eco earth and reptibark.

Back