• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Successful First Feed!!!

dr82692

Well, I did the first feed today at 6 PM!! I took the little guy out of his hide (which he didn't seem very happy about at all, but I guess that's normal for a new baby snake?) and put him in his feeding tank. I weighed him and he weighed in at a whopping 10 grams :) . He was very skiddish in the container, climbing for the top as soon as I put him in. But then I dropped the pinkie in, and he looked at it after about 10 seconds, and then immediately wrapped his little mouth around it! :eatsmiley: Once he completely swallowed it, he started looking around and climbing towards the top again, so I figured he was ready to go back in. So I placed the container in his viv and let him crawl out on his own. I know most put pick them up and put them back in, but I just had a horrible feeling as soon as I did that he would regurgitate. I'm sure I'm over worrying though. All in all, very happy everything went good!!! :D

Isn't that a huge relief?? No matter how many snakes I have, I will always be nervous about the first feeding.

Yah! It's always nerve-wracking until you get that first meal into them. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief. :)

(I tip the container over close to the ground and let them crawl out into their viv and sometimes they fall out unceremoniously. LOL)

Thanks guys! very relieving! Sweetseraph, I did the same thing, kinda angled the container to allow him crawl out as stress free as possible. Like I said, I was worried about doing something afterward that would make him regurgitate.

And is there anyway to get them out of the tank without making them too angry? I took his hide off of him and he immediately went into an "S". Didn't seem to enjoy that much LOL.

He'll settle down once he realizes you aren't going to hurt him. The best thing is to not drag it out- just pick him up and get it over with.

Back