• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Successful First Shed!!!

dr82692

So when I first handled my 3 month old amel motley, he appeared to be dull, and I expected a shed soon. Well that was Wednesday, and the next few days he looked normal again. Fed him Friday with no problems, just strangely he preferred the cool side to the warm side which I thought was weird for having just ate. All night last night and into this morning, he was climbing all over his viv, even saw him burrowing a bit for the first time, again seemingly strange behavior considering he just ate. I hopped in the shower about an hour ago, come back in my room, and I see a skin nestled in the branches on the ground!! Little guy is hiding so I can't see how much of a difference it made, but handling day is tomorrow, so I'll see then. The skin was sort of in two pieces. One that was 90% of the entire skin, but didn't have to all important head or eye pieces. So I looked a little harder and saw a small piece for the head, with the eye films intact. What a relief! Can't wait to see the new color!

Back