• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Such a sad night I'm having!

MinLynn

What blonde chick?!
My poor Stumpy has passed on guys!:cry:

I knew with the advanced stages of MBD he had that he probably didn't have long. No matter what I did for the little guy he just wouldn't put on weight. He was just starting to eat a little protein on his own and starting to climb more. In fact this morning he seemed to be fine other than not really being interested in his greens. I came home this evening and noticed that he hadn't gone into his little log to go to sleep like he does every night, so I reached in and picked him up and knew right away he was passed on. His eyes were closed and sunken and he didn't start waving that little stump at me like he does when he's held. He'll be sooo missed! He was Scooter's best little friend.

He's in the freezer right now so that the kids can say good-bye when they get home Sunday and we'll bury him in the flower bed with a little stone that says Stumpy. Sooooo sad right now!
RIP my little boy! You'll be so missed in our home!

DSCF2686.jpg

DSCF2138.jpg

Thank you guys! I didn't think I'd take it as hard as I am. I knew it would happen but man,is this hard!

So sorry for your loss! You always think you are prepared when you know it will be soon, but you're never really as prepared as you think / hope you are.

Oh, no... RIP Stumpy. I'm so sorry for your loss, Min. He certainly had a wonderful life with you.

I'm sooo sorry, Min! Stumpy was one good looking dude. Like others, I'm glad you and your kids were there for him.

RIP, Stumpy...

Thanks! It was always funny to see the look on people's faces when we explained he was a year old and why he was so tiny and missing a limb.

You know for a couple of hours there, I thought maybe this whole rescueing thing just isn't for me. Maybe I get too attached to the animals I rescue even when I know they don't have long to live. But then I thought, you know what? Stumpy died knowing he was loved and cared for. He recieved the ultimate care that I could provide for him and I know that he was happy. You could see it in his face when you picked him up and he waved his stump at you. Or when you layed him on your shoulder and he would nuzzle into your neck. He was like feeding a toddler when he was being spoon fed baby food! Food all over his mouth and chin! I had a little cloth that sat next to me so I could wipe off his face. I'll miss all those moments and I'm glad I was able to give him 3 months of happiness instead of 3 months of being miserable.

I'm so sad now too, I loved Stump he was so cute. Poor little guy I hoped he'd make it but at least you gave him a chance at life and he had a loving home for awhile. I'm very sorry for your loss. RIP Stump

Back