• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

sunglow

sunglow = amel
sunglow are just selectively bred to have no white, just plain red and orange~~

candy canes = amels
just selectively bred to have intense white and contrasting red/orange blotches~

hope this helped~

Simon said:
sunglow = amel
sunglow are just selectively bred to have no white, just plain red and orange~~

candy canes = amels
just selectively bred to have intense white and contrasting red/orange blotches~

hope this helped~

helped indeed.. thank you! but still one question..
how do you see if a snake is a sunglow?

i know a candy cane is easy to recodnize, but a sunglow,, i mean, lots of amels dont have white at all...

look at mine,...sunglow or not?

Attachments

• amle patricxk.jpg
    amle patricxk.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 97
I think Sunglows have also been bred to have brilliant red and orange coloring, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of contrast between the colors. I think technically your's would be a sunglow since there is no white.

I think that yours could be considered as a sunglow~~
I know of a few people that will name amels as sunglow even if they have a tint of white on them....and I don't really see any white on yours so I would consider them as sunglows too~

thank you all...
on a photo taken in sunlight it does glow up! hehe

Attachments

• p3030051.jpg
    p3030051.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 81
Sunglow can also be a double homozygous of hypo and amel, but most often it is referring to a line bred amel with now white and brilliant colors that "glow"

here is a pic of my Sunglow motley- hypo amel type, not line bred, not the best picture but the color is close enough :)

4050Eli3-20-04.JPG

Thanks! the reason they are not as popular/common as the line bred amels is b/c it is hard to identify them from the normal amels unless you breed two known double homozygous Hypo Amels therefore all the babies would be hypo amels as well.

here is a pic of my Sunglow motley in sunlight ;)

Attachments

• 2003-09-10eli1.jpg
    2003-09-10eli1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 49
Back