• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sunglows

mycurlylocks

Hi,
Well we are trying to educate ourselves better before we get our next cornsnake.
I am so new to this, so I am going to ask a lot of dumb questions. My son saw a member's picture of a sunglow, he fell in love with it. I have tried finding them to see what they cost and I can't locate any information. Is there another name I should be looking for? I am sure they are quite expensive, so he can dream, but I would like to know more about them. Maybe someday I can save up enough money to get him one.
Thanks,
Candy

Sunglows...

are amelanistics that have striking orange color contrast with little or no white margins.

They average, generally, in the U.S., in the neighborhood of about 40 or 50 dollars from a breeder. Here's a picture link.
http://www.cornsnake.net/gallery/gallery.php3?id=34

From the Serpenco website regarding Amelanistics in general.
...Some of the extremes have taken on generic names of their own in order to classify a particular color
variation.
http://serpenco.com/cultivars/amelanistic.html

I would guess that our host, Rich Z., at WWW.SERPENCO.COM may offer this "model" of hatchling Amelanistic Corn Snake, as this years breeding/ hatchling season progresses, although I don't see "Sunglow", per se, advertised on his website.

Last edited:
Another Stupid Question

Thanks CowBoyWay,
I went to the site you linked for me. I am wondering if that is the same type corn that Rich lists as the flourescent orange like we lost. They looked similar.
When I went to the site and started browsing through the listings, I saw a Motley Sunglow for much more money. What is the difference between a motley sunglow and a sunglow? Didn't know why it was worth so much more.
Thanks so much for the help, maybe my son won't have to dream too long.
Candy

Flourescent oranges are not sunglows. Sunglows lack all white from the dorsal pattern and are usually a very bright almost neon orange/red/yellow.

Motley sunglows cost more because they are double(or triple-explained later) recessives. THey are the 2nd generation result of a sunglow bred to motley but must still have no white. The reason that they may be triple recessives(as the ones from Cornsnake.net are) is that they are a combo between hypomelanistic, motley, and amelanistic. Therefore they are not just line bred amels but they must and usually do lack white. Also any morph that conatins motley has a patternless belly sometimes diffused w/ red or orange.

I hope i didn't confuse you even more LOL ;) Sunglows are very pretty and a very good choice. I have a sunglow motley (hypo amel motley) and i love him to death! I got him From the link above ^ Good Luck! :D

mycurlylocks,
Here is a headshot of my sunglow motley.

Attachments

• amlsgmtcro.jpg
    amlsgmtcro.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 60
Back