• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sunrise Progression Thread

MindsEyeExotics

Well since I decided to pick up this little guy from Sean at VMSHerp, I might as well make a progression thread to track any color changes that should be happening within the next year. He is an Sunrise Amel Motley and was born July of last year. He is friendly and curious and his favorite color is purple :D Random and strange, I know..but he always crawls towards purple objects the fastest. (First picture credit goes to Sean)

Attachments

• K042-04Mx.jpg
    K042-04Mx.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 007 (2).JPG
    007 (2).JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 286
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 288
He is an amazing looking boy! Also has great taste in a favored color.;)
Have a couple of Sunrise Motleys, myself, and love them.

That is a GREAT looking snake! I bought his litter mates, I look forward to seeing how he comes along.

Very nice looks like a stripe to me what makes him a Sunrise Amel Motley? never heard of that one before i know he looks redder than my amel stripes through

Mine came today! Forgot my camera, but I'll get some shots tomorrow. I'm glad I got all 4 girls, they are all pretty and subtly different. Don assures me a nice sunrise requires sunglasses to look at directly and will put any cayenne fire to shame. I'm terrified of snake cooties in my home rack, so I set up an empty rack at the shop and labeled them for $300 each -honestly not a bad price considering that exactly what they'd have cost me if I didn't get them shipped together. But seeing as my customers will seldom spend more than 50 bucks on a snake, I feel certain I'll have a girl around you can have at cost if you decide you want one down the road.

Grats Chip and MEE those are some really nice photo's. Great lookin' snake, and should be a fun project to watch develop as you guys n gals start working them into the other morphs :cheers:

I'll give you an idea for what project I had in mind that pushed me to buy a couple extra girls -sunrise red factor cayenne fire stripe. And maybe a scaleless version one day.

My internet hasn't been up in awhile so I haven't really gotten to check in here. I did see that you have the clutchmates. It'll be neat to see if any of them turn out really extreme. I picked one of the reddest because I figured it he does develop the flecking it will be the most obvious against a dark background. With his latest shed he has a almost clearish spot on his head between his eyes. I think I've seen it on other corns and it's nothing special, but I'm just scrutinizing him for every little scale because I want to see some change I think lol. The scaleless sunrise would be so neat I think. I want to take it to a normal and see what the gene does by itself, independent of amel first. Haven't thought about it further than that really, I just thought he might be a neat individual to have in my collection. I just took a few pictures but this isn't my computer and I don't have a program to resize them on here so it'll have to wait

I am trying to pick myself up after the sudden death of my satanic leaftail gecko this morning, I went to give him his morning drink and he was stiff and shriveled :( That's why in some ways I like snakes better, never had one die without at least some odd behavior before. But I looked into Fascination's cage and he had shed. After this shed he has some more white spots appearing, it's subtle, but exciting as I'm over scrutinizing him for sure :) Weird how it started on his head and has moved downward wonder if it will continue or one be spotty on his head and neck..He is very hard to get a photo of with a phone camera

Attachments

• 20130217_141155.jpeg
    20130217_141155.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 59
Sorry about your gecko. Is that white coloration coming in around the necK? So different from any of mine. He's a beauty!

Thanks..yes, that looks like glare but it is white, just hard to capture in a picture with a active snake. I picked him because he was one of the darkest and I thought the white would be contrasting. Yours are from the same clutch, correct? None of them have developed speckles yet? I can't wait to see what develops, I feed him conservatively as I think it's healthier to have organs grow more slowly, but if I was ever tempted to powerfeed this would be one to convience me, he has a super appetite too.

Yep, I grabbed the clutch mates. What is he weighing? Mine are just over 100 grams, on a 4 day regimen of small meals. Yes, all of them are insane eaters. I would bet money Sean fed live, because they all death roll after several months of f/t presented on a plate.

Back