• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Super,Wood and Paper Glue - Safety

SteveAlbert

Hey guys,

Yet another thread about glue. I did search and i did read every single one of the 18 posts about glue. Most those threads were people asking what type of glue to use for projects, the answer being hot glue. The other half were from 2007.

I'm not wondering about what is the best, i'm wondering what is "safe" to use. Please don't reply saying " why take the risk and use hot glue." I believe it's important for us to know these things.

Having said that all that, I won't get into specific brands that we probably don't have here in Dubai but instead im wondering what i should look for in glue to make sure its safe, is there a specific ingredient? Superglue is that ok? The glue used for wood? what about those "UHU" glue for paper found in stationaries? Of course i'm assuming after you leave it out for a few days for the fumes to get out.

Thanks alot people

For corns I would think once anything is dry it's more or less safe to use.

What do you plan on glueing ?

To be quite frank, nothing at the moment, but i always get these random ideas at work(vertically aligned logs along the water bowl). But more importantly, i'm just genuinely curious. You never know when you can use this information.

Hot glue, 100% silicone with no additives and original formula gorilla glue are all safe to use around reptiles and amphibians.

A good rule is if it's food safe when dry it's usually ok to use.

Back