• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Supplement Usage???

Jordan32

Hi I was wondering if it is need to provide any type supplement for corn snakes to insure better health, and a longer life, if so please tell me the ones you use and how you use them.

Jordan

No, you don't need any supplements to provide your corn with a longer and happier life. Some members on this forum do use supplements and recommend them (you might do a search, because there is a few topics already about this), but I always question this practice along with possible overdosing.

thats what I think as well, but do you think it would be good to use Nutribac once a month or so, even if your snake has never regurged and shows good signs while and after feedings

thanks

I use a spray called Nature's reptiles vita-spray ...

Its a spray that contains natural vitamins and minerals , Electrolytes .
It also helps drying of the skin and keeps it healthier etc..

The company "claims" this stuff keeps all reptiles healthier for a longer life but i use it mainly for the vitamins and mineral side of things to try to keep my snakes as healthy as possible...Whether they will live any longer i dont know...

I always used it on my albino cali king which my cousin now has and that snake is now 18 years old and healthy as ever hitting 5.6 foot in length .... So it does make me wonder :shrugs:

Anyway i hope this helps... It'd be helpful to know if anybody else here uses the same kind of product or knows if this is any good because i can only say from personal experience ...
None of my snakes have ever had any problems health or skin wise :)

A. Devil

thats what I think as well, but do you think it would be good to use Nutribac once a month or so, even if your snake has never regurged and shows good signs while and after feedings

Nope. If they're healthy, the bacteria in their gut are in proper balance. Adding extra could potentially upset that balance. There's no real benefit to giving them Nutribac if they're already healthy and eating well.

-Kat

Jordan32 said:

thanks

I know Kathy Love uses/sells Nutribac and has some good info about it on her website. I have had snakes regurge once or twice, never used Nutribac and then they have been fine in subsequent feedings.

Here would be my problem using it once a month if your snakes do not have any preexisting problems/regurge: By using supplements or Nutribac, you may end up 'artificially' supplying your snake with nutrients/minerals it already receives from food, or bacteria/other stuff that your snake produces on its own or already grows in its gut. If you start adding supplements/Nutribac on a regular basis, your snake may become accustomed to getting these things artificially, and thereby may be conditioned to stop producing, growing, or receiving any of the above. Therefore, if you start, you may have to never stop because your snake will depend on it.

Just a thought. To each its own--but more info/theories will help you make a decision.

Back