• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

surprise eggs i need help asap

durtis

im a snake addict
my motly sunglow has made some eggs....i had her in a tank for about 2 weeks about 4 weeks ago cause i ran out of space from moving....so she was in a tank with a (from what i thought was) female rat snake... but idk what to do or if they are even fertile... help me

If the other snake is male, then the eggs could be fertile.

However, as you're unprepared, I'd suggest putting the eggs in the fridge to ensure that they don't develop, then throwing them out. That combination can certainly breed successfully, but you might want to spend the next year researching what it takes to incubate eggs and care for hatchlings (then figure out how you're going to sell them in a recession), and give it another try next season.

If you put them back together again and the other snake is male, then they'll mate again. They don't take any encouraging!

well right now she has only had 2 eggs but there are deffinetly more coming and i would like to hatch them...i havent touched the eggs yet theyre still in her viv but i want to try to prepare for them in time

make sure she has a lay box...and don't disturb her. If she gets stressed out she could become egg-bound and that would be bad.

How big is she? Do you know her weight?

i dont know her weight but she has laid 7 eggs now and shes done... she already ate and is settling in for a nap...she is about 3 feet...ill put some pictures on later

Back