• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Surprise! snake's in blue! lol.

rob&spence331

So, I haven't handled my baby, spencer, in 48hrs because I was letting his food digest. I missed handling him, so I thought I'd bring him out to play. He was laying in his warm hide and I couldn't see his face, so, I picked up his hide and he was curled inside and I could clearly see his face and those cloudy blue eyes. Surprise! No play time today, I'm blue! lol. I knew he was gunna be grumpy, but, I had to move him back into his hide all the way so i wouldn't crush him, or, I could pull him out and set it down then put him back into his tank. I figured the first option would be best and easiest for both of us, since he's always scared and flighty when in blue. I thought I'd carefully put my hand out then he'd shy away and i could carefully put him and his hide back. Well, he said, "surprise! this time is gunna be different!" lol. I put my hand in front of him gently and carefully and he drew back into the hide like usual and I went to gently push the little bit of his body that was hanging over the edge still, worried I'd squish him when I put the hide down, and he struck at me! Missed, but still. lol. Then he came out of the hide and kept striking at me! First the hand holding the hide and then the hand trying to guide him so he wouldn't fall. I eventually was able to move the hide over his tank and he slithered out of it and into his tank so I could put his hide back, but when I did, he tried to nail me one last time, and he almost got me too. lol. Man, he was a cranky snake today. I never thought he'd be that cranky. Knew he'd be in a bad mood, but, not that bad. lol. It took me almost ten minutes just to put him back and I didn't even get to touch him! lol. guess I'll wait some more before I get to handle him. lol.

how old is your corn? i have 2. a male and a femail, they dnt seem grumpy when u hanle them in dhedding time, but i have been biten twice of my amel and once of my snow (well if thats wot he is!!!) all because id changed my soap lol, and was taghed on all three ocasions. lol, they are only 6 months and 5months 2 weeks.

Spencer is about nine months old. I don't know what spencer's exact birthday is. I was just told he's a few months old when I bought him back in sept. 2010. lol. I haven't got tagged yet, but this last time he shed was mighty close. lol. He's never been that grumpy and aggressive during a shed before, but, I think that's the longest he's gone without play time too. lol. I hadn't played with him for a few days and then had to feed him then he went in blue. So, all that time I couldn't play with him. lol. That's why I want a couple more. So that, hopefully, they are on different shed schedules and I'll always have one to play with bc I always miss him when I can't handle him. lol.

And yes, it is soooooooo worth it! lol. Even if he wouldve got me everytime he struck at me and i had lil cuts n scratches all on my hands i'd still love him. lol. Part of me wants to kinda get bit just so I know exactly what it feels like. lol. it's one thing to be told and a completely different thing to actually feel it! lol.

When my snake was little like that she bit me and I didn't even notice until I looked down and saw her hanging onto my arm by her mouth. I think the shock of having them strike at you is probably worse than the bite itself.

Back