• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sweet Mother's Day Surprise!

hzahorka

Borderline Corn Addict
I was just up checking on all my snakes only to find my high white albino okeetee laying eggs!! 8 in total, all pretty big and snow white. This is her first season so I think she's probably pretty close to being done. YAY! Pics soon.
Heather

Yay for you too!!

I got 8 nice eggs for mothers day too! perhaps 9 but one looks a teensie bit wrong...incubating it all the same.....I WANT PHOTOS!!!

How cool! lol. Congrats for you as well~~
Ok ok ok...I'll go see if I can get a few pics of the new mom w/ her clutch lol.
H~

Ok, here's mom (Emma) and her eggs...she actually has 9, all look good. The 9th one is under her coils up by her chin. I love all my snakes mut she has got to my one of most favorites. Daddy is a pretty intensely colored Amel. named Charlie.

Attachments

• mothersday.jpg
    mothersday.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 159
Nice White Delight you got there,well done.They kind of look like Kinda Surprise eggs, shape wise anyway.I`ve noticed the egg shapes can really vary and yet still be fine.In fact my dodgiest looking ones were the first to hatch.Hope they stay as good as they look in the pic.

Hi Rob,
I thought they were a little on the "long/rectangle" side as far as shape goes but they are snow white, no yellow to them. Guess I'll know more as the next 7-14 days go by. I got them away from her a little while ago and put them in sphagnum moss in the warm bathroom. This is her first year and she's right around 31-32" maybe her smaller size has something to do with the egg's shape (?). She pretty much ate the entire way through gestation, having a lrg. rat pup just 2 days ago. Here's hoping things stay good! My other females eggs are alomst 3 weeks in and are looking great so far.
Heather

Nice looking mom and great looking eggs. Congrats!! Hope they all hatch out dandy for you. :)

Congrats! I got some nice Mother's Day eggs myself...one clutch of 6 and another clutch of 12.

Thanks Dianne and Susan (congrat's on your eggs too Susan!). I've been told Emma looks like an albino okeetee x candy cane mix because of the way her markings are. There is a good pic of her on my website on the corn snake page. Her eggs look awesome today and I e-mailed Kathy Love w/ a pic of the eggs and she said not to worry sometimes young females will have odd shaped eggs their first year or two but they look fertile so they should hatch out just fine. I can't wait to see the babies lol. I have no idea if mom and dad are het to anything or if I will just end up with some nice amel's!
Heather

So I have a quesiton... how long does it take from shed to laying? I have a female who was transported with a male and now feels like she has little lumps in her tummy. She shed on the 28th and ate twice but has not eaten since.
I thought that it was 8-10 days.
Advice???

Well,
That all depends on the female. I have one that laid her's 8 days after her shed and then this girl who laid 10 days after her's (she ate a large rat pup 2 days before laying). Some will lay within a week, other may take up to two weeks and again there have been a few that lay in the middle of being blue eye...some stop eating a couple weeks before laying and other's eat right up until it's their time. If your girl is gravid the lower 1/3 of her body should be fairly big around and kinda squishy feeling compared to the rest of her...has she showed any interest in a nesting site?

Very good....you should be getting eggs pretty soon...here's hoping and keep us posted!
Heather (who is patiently awaiting the arrival of Fed Ex with her new Hypo female lol)

Just pulled out one slug from the rack and waiting to see what more she brings.

She does seem a little restless though. Odd but she is slowly cruising around her viv.

Well mother's day to my girl is Friday the 13th. She laid a clutch of 7 good looking eggs today!!!!! :cheers:

Back