• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Swimming pool?

buckmaster299

I know it may sound crazy but i am in the process of building a swimming area/ soaking area for my cornsnake. I have a water dish in there but he is obviously not able to fit completely in the dish to soak before a shed and i got bored one day while looking at his viv, so I thought "Hey, build a small soaking/swimming/water container and put it in there". Now idk if this is a horrible idea or not but i built the thing 8.5in long by 5in wide and almost 4in deep. I'm thinking this may be too deep for him and I'm worried he about him getting out of it once he is in it. Am i just being a worry wart or is this something that may work? I'm at work and don't have any pix right now but if you all want pix i can get them to you. I thought about gluing some small river stones to the bottom of the thing to give it texture while he is in it. I am needing some constructive criticism on this if at all possible. or if i'm just dumb for thinking about it, let me know. LOL Thanks for any help ya'll. :)

Maybe you can only fill it up part way until he's bigger. Just an idea. Or somehow giving it sloped edges on the inside.

Margaret's snake Squeak enjoys swimming from time to time, so we bought a rectangular Pyrex(TM) dish and replaced his water dish with it.

yeah i thought about making a slope. he is coming up on a good 2.5-3ft i believe. i have not measured him. I may do this from his last shed and see just how big he really is. I'm still perfecting this but i'll post pix when i get done with it and have tested it to see if it works well. :) I have even thought about sectioning off a portion of his viv just for water sorta like a lake in the wild... I have not been brave enough to try this just yet as i don't really know what to use to seal it off from the rest of the viv.. LOL if i manage that I'll update if anyone is interested...

Back