• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

taiwan blue beauty

Garteaser4

i just got a new edition,,, a female taiwan blue beauty,, her name is saphire shes only 4 weeks old, i know shes not a corn but in the rat snake family but shes a great lookin snake. I just fed her two pinkies and she housed them down, shes a good eater, im workin on gettin some pictures up if ne one is interested, shes real tiny now but in a few years will get up to 10ft!

sounds wicked you going to have a handful in years to come then good luck and it would be interesting to see some pictures.

i want to get a carpet python only truble is they grow to big :( obveosily size is not an issue for you if you keeping it when it grows past the 10ft mark lol.

I have never seen a blue beauty get longer than 8 ft. But they are also not nearly as thick as pythons and therfore i would not consider them in that size range..

no i wasnt considering and compairing them to pythons i was trying to say how the hell do you house something over 10ft lol. going to have to give it its own room in the house. sorry i didnt make it that clear. i said about the carpet pythons because i wanted one but didnt have the room :(

I own one too; bought first week of August measuring about 50 cm (20 inch), today she measures 70 cm 2 feet and alsmost 2 inch! shes not really easy to feed though... only wants to eat in her own viv on the beech chip bedding :shrugs: 2 days ago I moved her to her new bigger viv, today I gave her á living small adult mouse, and even in her viv she was scared of it!!!! She is due to shed so i hope that's what's going on... I just give it to her after shedding and if she does'nt catch and eat Í'll try again until hunger makes her....

BTW; the blue beauty is from Vietnam not from Taiwan; made the same mistake at first too. The Tawain beauty is called E.T. friesei.

Errr....I dont beleive carpet pythons get 10+ftt and need there own room....

i thought they only got 6-8ft

From what I've read, there are different types of carpet pythons, with some being smaller than others. I'm no where near an expert, but the Irian Jaya are among the smaller one's, not too much bigger than a large corn. Again, just from what I've read, not actual experience. I'm hoping that's right, cause I would like to get one in the near future, but have to be sure of the size first, as I have 2 young kids, and wouldn't want anything that could get too big for them to handle safely.

yeah carpet pythons rule and you are right you can get small ones and large ones. unfortunatly the only ones i can get hold of ware i live grow upto 13ft i think the care sheet and book said. i could be mistaken though. im also no expert.

Back