• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Taking it slow...

MakersMarked

On the outside looking in
Today's the beginning of Petco's dollar-a-gallon sale, so I went out and bought a tank and was going to buy a baby corn, but I'm pretty sure there were mites in their tank. Other local pet stores don't seem to have a great selection of corns either, so I think I might have to wait until the Reptile Super Show this summer to finally become a snake owner again. The mail service around here is dodgy, and I work super inflexible hours, so I don't want to order a snake through the mail. Plus, I don't like the idea of buying a snake without seeing it first.

Now that I've decided to get back into snakes, this waiting is killing me. :cry:

Waiting is rough, but it's for the best! When I was about 14 my parents got me a corn from Petco (it wouldn't eat and I knew nothing back then, it died less than two weeks later). The point is, it was covered in mites. The bag of aspen my parents bought was full of them too. It will be worth the wait to get a healthy baby, and I applaud you for it! I'm such an impatient person, haha.

I am taking it slow as well, thanks for the heads up on the petco sale, I ran in and got the last of the 20gl tanks.. and the sale just started.

Is the sale not store specific? It's all over?

Petco posted on Facebook today that it is nationwide. It was also in their email they sent out this morning. For some reason they don't advertise it on their website.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    285.8 KB · Views: 35
it on the website but its really tiny and you really have to go searching for it, I almost didn't see it at first because I wasn't sure if it would be here as well, our store was sold out of almost everything but about 5 of the 10g tanks and had a bunch of the 5.5g ones, 1 55 and a couple of the 30/40 gal ones.. the shelves were bare for the most part.

Today's the beginning of Petco's dollar-a-gallon sale, so I went out and bought a tank and was going to buy a baby corn, but I'm pretty sure there were mites in their tank. Other local pet stores don't seem to have a great selection of corns either, so I think I might have to wait until the Reptile Super Show this summer to finally become a snake owner again. The mail service around here is dodgy, and I work super inflexible hours, so I don't want to order a snake through the mail. Plus, I don't like the idea of buying a snake without seeing it first.

Now that I've decided to get back into snakes, this waiting is killing me. :cry:

Snakes are only shipped FedEx priority overnight. I work long hours too, so I have them sent to the local FedEx hub, were they are safe and sound until I pick them up that night :)
I understand wanting to see snakes in person, I really do. There is one snake I have wanted for severa months, but the pic is of her as a baby, and she is 2 now. Just makes me nervous, I want the color to be right...

Does anyone know if the 40 gallons are breeders or regulars?

Thanks for the heads up!

yeah good luck getting one lol.. I grabbed the very last 20gl and took off with it up to the register without looking at anything else as there was ppl heading down that isle.. it was the only one on that whole shelf. there was maybe one of the 40b on the bottom next to a lonely 55 and that was about it the rest were the really small tanks.

I think you are making the right decision, it sounds, for you. :)
On that note, I just have to say that although you might be super antsy (and perhaps inpatient like myself) the wait is half of the fun! Kind of like when you are expecting to go traveling somewhere... anticipation is where it's at!
I think you will find exactly what you're looking for - even if you don't know it - at a large expo. Many options to get the best fit.

On a bit of a side note. If anyone happens to see little white mites in aspen shavings, these may just be wood mites. Not that other mites don't get passed through shavings, but wood mites will not harm your snake.

Best of luck!

I have ordered all my corns except two from breeders on this forum. Nanci, Steve Roylance, Walter, and Don at SMR. Beautiful,healthy snakes.

Back