• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

TANGO - better identification?

Tangoman

THis is Tango at 61/2 months old. He is about 20 inches long, not growing hugely but then we do not over-feed him. Anyway, there was some debate about his identification a while ago and I notice he is getting more orange. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Tangosmallmarch2.JPG
    Tangosmallmarch2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Tangosmallmarch.JPG
    Tangosmallmarch.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 100
the debate was really about whether he was an okeetee/miami and various other things. He has changed a bit since then. Most people identified him as a normal though, but I wondered if he was a bit orange for that. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Oh, I see. Well definitely not Miami at all. And I would really not call him an Okeetee Phase since he does lack the nice thick borders normally associated with the Okeetee Phase. Normals have a very varied range of both ground color and saddle color. The ground color can be from light tan to brownish to yellowish to orangish. AND, of course, an Okeetee and Miami are actually normals, just that their specific color type of normal is what gives them the name (excluding the Okeetee Locality caughts which are specifically named after that local).

Yours looks like he is getting some nice orange color and will probably be a nice orangy based snake but the saddle definition, in my opinion, is not thick and prominant enough to be labeled as an Okeetee Phase.

Irregardless, he is obviously going to be a great looking boy. :)

Many normals will have a lot of orange with red saddles bordered in black, looking just like an Okeetee corn snake...If you want Okeetee's, get them from someone who has an established line, such as Kathy Loves, Jim Abbott's, Ted Thompson's or Chip Bridges (a definate locality animal)...some folks have taken animals from these lines and refined them even further, and every so often someone will post a stunning looking animal...This way when someone asks you "what kind of corn is that?", you can say "this is an Okeetee from "X" line of Okeetees"...

gardenmum said:
Yours looks like he is getting some nice orange color and will probably be a nice orangy based snake but the saddle definition, in my opinion, is not thick and prominant enough to be labeled as an Okeetee Phase.

just a quick note...the original description of Okeetee corns, per Carl Kaulfields book "the Keeper and the Kept", made no mention whatsoever of animals w/ black bordered saddles ;*)

Back