• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

temperature

lurycnitsuj

Ok, so I turned my light off to cool it down a bit. It is 84.7 in her warm hide but on her cool side it is in the 60's.... Is there a way I could warm up the cool side a bit without warming up the warm side anymore? anybody else have a problem like this?

you could get a light for the cool side and put it on a timer like have the timer set to put the light on for an hour and off for an hour? i dunno, just throwin out ideas.... i wonder if a snake can be epileptic? :shrugs:

I use a ceramic heat emitter to keep my cool side warm when the room temp drops. Its a 60 watt, and I rarely have to put the dimmer over half power except during the dead of winter.

Ceramic heat emitters are more expensive than lights, but they last forever almost and you can leave them on at night because they don't put out any light.

I use a ceramic heat emitter to keep my cool side warm when the room temp drops. Its a 60 watt, and I rarely have to put the dimmer over half power except during the dead of winter.

Ceramic heat emitters are more expensive than lights, but they last forever almost and you can leave them on at night because they don't put out any light.

arent they hotter then an infrared? i have a 60 watt infrared in my 20 long and im only achieving 84-87 degrees sometimes lower. i figured with ceramic youd be in the 90s but i could be wrong.

yea, im just going to get very very low wattage bulb and put it somewhere in the middle of the tank, just to increase the temp slightly until my house is warmer for the summer weather.

As long as you have the max temperature right, then somewhere in the tank you'll have the ideal cool temp.

In reality, I suspect you'll be surprised at how cool they like to be, given a choice. Just make sure there are hides in warm, cool and middle temp areas.

I don't think the setup sounds like it needs changing at the mo.

My snake lives on the cool side...its been between 64-68* this winter. Everybody claims they are smart enough to move to a comfortable area so I havent worried about it too much.

My snake lives on the cool side...its been between 64-68* this winter. Everybody claims they are smart enough to move to a comfortable area so I havent worried about it too much.

i would only worry about it right after your snake eats so that he/she can properly digest his/her food but like you said they are smart enough to move to a more comfortable area, its just instinct...

Back