• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Temperatures

pipi5xtra

What is ther best temperature for the hot end of a corn snake tank. I was told 80F, but my large corns seem to be slow digesting their food.My female oketee ate 6 days ago and has not poohed yet. Would just like to know I am providing the right temperature as I live in the uk and the weather is not always great here.
Philippa

Temp at the warm end should be in the high 80s - believe 88 degrees is usually the recommended temp. Cool end should be in the low 70s.

You're right that low temps will slow digestion, so best to bump it up a bit.

Hi thanks for the advice. I went out and brought a mat stat and set it to 85F. Put the probe inside the hide as my female oketee likes to spend most of her time in there. Can anyone recommend where to but a decent thermometer in britain. I live in Stoke on trent in the midlands. the reptile shop only sells the stick on ones and they are supposed to be very inaccurate.

Personally I like Laser/infrared thermometers, they cost a bit more but you only need one. It's so much easier to measure temps, gradients, surrounding temps....All very quick and accurate...If you can stretch to the price of one I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it....

Last edited:
One of the online suppliers in the UK would stock infra-red thermometers - I've used Cornish Crispa http://www.cornishcrispa.com/ and Livefood http://www.livefoods.co.uk/, both are great.

Remember to keep measuring the temp in the viv - stats aren't necessarily that accurate. You might have to tinker with it before you get it to the correct temp, regardless of what the dial is set to.

And try to get the warm end up to the high 80s rather than the mid 80s.

Back