• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Terrarium Stand/Furniture Ideas

Karoni

Cornaholic
I'm getting ready to upgrade my scalebabies to Exo-Terra terrariums that measure 36w x 18d x 18h. I have them in a small room, so I need to be able to stack two of the vivs, one above the other. So far, the only thing I can find is this double aquarium stand

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=9883

but I'd rather have something nicer. For those of you who don't use racks, what do you stack your vivs on? Most bookcases aren't 18" deep. Plus, the shelves would have to be at least 22-24" high to give some ventilation to the bottom tank.

Thanks for any ideas.

Got mine on a black metal kitchen shelf unit with adjustable shelves. You can get the shelf unit for under 100 bucks at Menards. They are deep I have a 20 gallon long tank on one shelf and it fits fine. The only down side is making sure your snake does not use it as a jungle gym when you get them out to eat. On of ours hooked on and it cn be tough untangling him from it LOL.

Oh yeah those metal racks are great, I've seen ones big enough to hold a 40g breeder, I have to wonder if they were designed with reptile keepers in mind lol

Back