• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Texas Rat Snake

rolandslf

Good Day All

If you want to practice using Tongs or a Hook, these are the Snakes for it.
Texas Rat Snakes get very big and are aggresive to boot. I have a pair, Male 2.2 meters and Female 1.9 meters.
I use the Female to practice with, simply because the Male will not tolerate being handled and will bite readily. If this fails he will musk you something terrible which in my opinion is worse than the bite, I have experienced both on more than one occasion.

Some Pics.

The Male, in his usual foul mood through the glass of his cage.
DSC02241.jpg

The Female, riding the Hook.
DSC02185.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02191.jpg

nice pair of Texas rats :) I've seen them dead on the road :( ,but haven't had the pleasure of meeting one live (not as a pet) yet,I hear they are quite aggressive,my aunt does have one living around her chicken coop to keep the rats away though lol

Yes, the wild caught can be quite spirited. When I was 12, a six footer taught me a healthy dose of respect for their bite.

Thank You for the comments folks.
The Female is a honey, really docile.
The Male has satanic blood in him, I am sure.

I hear that they will still grow a bit. They are both het for Leucistic, proven out last year. They have already hooked up 5 times this year, so I should have babies around February 2012.

The ones Ive encountered in the wild have been damn near docile. Your male is feisty!! And they do get quite large, much like black rats. Makes me happy that corns stay relatively small. Although, I have seen some very large corns in the wild too.

Gorgeous pair!!

Back