• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Texas Vets

werbwerb

Hey, everyone. :wavey:

I'm new and have been doing some research on keeping corn snakes, as I want to keep one as a pet.

I searched the web and the forums here for any recommendations on veterinarians in Texas knowledgable about snakes without any luck. The reason I ask is because I came upon a thread or two where someone took their snake to a vet and the owner knew more about caring for it than the vet. Obviously, I want to avoid that. :)

So do any of you Texas folks know of any in the central Texas area? I'm about 50 minutes north of Austin in Temple.

you just need to ask around your local vets there..........and they will tell you if they handle them or who does. there are none listed here in New Braunfels but i asked our vet (3 dogs) and they said that they didn't handle reptiles but gave me a name of another one in town that did and also one in Universal City which is about 15 minutes away. just ask around, would be the best and quickest probably.

welcome fellow texan............. :cheers:

werbwerb said:
Hey, everyone. :wavey:

I'm new and have been doing some research on keeping corn snakes, as I want to keep one as a pet.

I searched the web and the forums here for any recommendations on veterinarians in Texas knowledgable about snakes without any luck. The reason I ask is because I came upon a thread or two where someone took their snake to a vet and the owner knew more about caring for it than the vet. Obviously, I want to avoid that. :)

So do any of you Texas folks know of any in the central Texas area? I'm about 50 minutes north of Austin in Temple.
Welcome! Here's a link listing a bunch of reptile vets in Texas: http://arav.org/Members/TX.htm

:-offtopic
I was up in your neck of the woods this last week, I went fishing for a couple days up at Belton Lake. Those schooling white bass are crazy! :crazy02:

gwb8568 said:
you just need to ask around your local vets there..........and they will tell you if they handle them or who does. there are none listed here in New Braunfels but i asked our vet (3 dogs) and they said that they didn't handle reptiles but gave me a name of another one in town that did and also one in Universal City which is about 15 minutes away. just ask around, would be the best and quickest probably.

welcome fellow texan............. :cheers:

Thanks! :)

CARattler40 said:
Welcome! Here's a link listing a bunch of reptile vets in Texas: http://arav.org/Members/TX.htm

:-offtopic
I was up in your neck of the woods this last week, I went fishing for a couple days up at Belton Lake. Those schooling white bass are crazy! :crazy02:

Thanks, also! :)

:-offtopic Cool! I've been out on Belton Lake, but haven't fished it. Everyone here says the fishing is better on Stillhouse Hollow, which is spitting distance from Belton Lake.

Back