• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

That Time Of The Month.....

chuck1289

I'm Old Greggggggg
I just looked at my calander and i saw that my snake last shed on the 3rd of febuary.

So she is going to go blue anytime soon but this time she WILL shed in one piece !!!!

I was thinking when she goes blue then comes out of blue i should give her a bath just before she sheds to help her?

She has shed 2 times with me and both always leaves the tail skin on.

Any advise?

lol, hmm, someone says that they mist their snakes once a week to ensure a great shed, but I don't know if that is good or not???

i mist mine once day from when the blue all the way up until the shed....be carefull with that though to much mist can give them respitory problems

You can give her a bath if you'd like.

I have a humidity problem in my house (blow heater with a broken humidifier) and while it doesn't bother my Cornsnakes, it's heck on my Ball Pythons. When they are in blue I soak them every day for 15 minutes until their eyes clear.

Just make sure the water isn't too warm or too deep. The snakes will also commonly poo while having a bath, so you may have a bit of a mess to clean up. :)

My humidity meter says it is 50 right now But it rarely moves from 50.

I know this is a good humidity level but she always sheds incomplete.

The water shouldn't be deeper then an inch for an adult Cornsnake. She needs to be able to keep her head out of water. Room temperature is good for the water...Keep in mind that while we may thing warm water is comfortable, snakes feel temperature differently then we do. It's better to be a bit cooler then too hot.

50% is very good. My house without a room humidifier running is more in the 15-20% range.

Back