• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

the bad, the bad and the badder

susang

Well friends I got the news today. I've been scarce because it is hard to sit at the computer to much. Miserable knee pain.
The bad: In late 2004 I had a total knee replacement.
The bad: In early 2006 I had to have a revision of that total knee, as the tibial end was in wrong. The surgery was awful, painful, the shots in the stomach, the day they overdosed me on pain meds and I stopped breathing (for real).
The badder: Today I found out I had to have the femural end re-done as the ligaments are shot, resulting in the top and bottom of my leg going in different directions at will, joints popping in and out with recklace abandon. The surgery will be Jan 17, the only reason I am agreeing is I can't take the pain and popping anymore.
Wish me luck. It's hell getting old, stay young as long as you can.

I'm sorry to hear about what your going through and pray for a good, quick and painless resolution on Jan. 17.

May 2009 be a better year!

Well, hopefully you'll feel a lot better once it is over and done with! Good luck with the surgery.

Knee surgury is hell... Best wishes for you Sue.. Hopefully this fixes it once and for all..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Oh no, I am so sorry it is still giving you so much trouble. I hope they are able to get your knee functioning without pain again, I will definitely be thinking of you! Hope things are going OK for you otherwise, miss seeing you around!

That sounds awful, just thinking about it makes my knees hurt. I hope eventually that all will be well.

I'll make a mental note to myself not to get any older...unfortunately i'm forgetful.

Trying to see the silver lining in all this... Do you get a whole new appliance? Maybe one of those new ceramic models that last forever? You know the Mercedes of replacement knees. Or better yet, one of those knees the Bionic Woman had installed. Now that would be worth the hassle! It's the least they could do after all the botched crap they have put you through. I hope the results are superior to the previous attempts in every way!:)
Terri

Good luck. My dad is an orthopedic surgeon and I've seen many a knee replacement (and revisions). They can turn out well! I promise!

Susan, I really miss your presence around here. I hope Terri is right and you get the bionic model! Best wishes to you, and please keep us posted! **hugs**

Ow.

And again, ow.

I've been trying to avoid getting old, but the restraining orders prevent it. :grin01:

Here's to better days ahead! :cheers:

Dale

Oh, I'm I'm so sorry to hear that, and it does explain why I've missed seeing you around. best wishes on the surgery and recovery!

Good Luck with upcoming surgery and I hope this will help with the pain and discomfort of your knee problem.

Thank you all so much, it means a lot.
A caramel appletini would be nice.:dancer:
It is really silly the things that hurt the "rat poison" shots, the "blankity blank" drainage tube they put in. That tube coming ot feel like they are pulling out a four sided fish hook. Then the stupid near 40 staples.
Bed pans aren't fun. Finding out they've exposed your nakid body to maybe 20people you don't know, including your son and the wife of the man across the hall.
Other then that it's a breeze, I think.

I'm so sorry to hear that, my BF's uncle just had his knee done again and eventually has to get the other one done too. I hope this is the last time you have to get your knee/leg worked on. I hope this helps with your pain, good luck.

Back