• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Ballad of Micky-Bobby:Tails of the White Dog!

Bobo's Mama

proud corn mommy!
Here he is! My birthday doggie! He's a 4-year old Maltese that we adopted from a couple who no longer wanted him. They said he barked too much. Our other Maltese got out of the yard, and ate something quite toxic apparently. The neighbors brought him back to us. He got sick that night, and died the next afternoon. We didn't even get the chance to take him to the vet. He was 13, so his system was probably very delicate at that point. He was primarily my grandma's dog, and she has Altzeimer's, so she was VERY upset. First of all, she couldn't remember that he died, so that was very hard on all of us. So we knew we needed to get another dog and soon. And of course we had to get another Maltese. She's never wanted any other kind of dog. I looked non-stop for a week, until I finally found this dog on Craigslist. Only problem was, he was 300 miles away. Eh, no biggy for me. So, on my birthday, I got up at 8am and drove over to get him. He's supposed to be for my grandma, but as far as the dog and I are concerned, he's my dog, grandma's just borrowing him now and then for companionship. He's so adorable and sweet. Every time I come downstairs, he comes running out of her room to see me. The funny part about his name is that our old dog's name was Mickey, so grandma is going to call this one Mickey too, becasue she can't remember that he's a different dog. The previous owners called him Bob or Bobby, so he's Micky-Bobby! And since he was originally from a shelter, I don't know if he's full-blooded Maltese. I don't think so, because he's almost 10 pounds, and the breed standard is 4-7, but he may have just been a biggun'! Well enough of the novel, here are some pics of my new baby!

mickybobby1.jpg

3micky.jpg

2micky.jpg

and here's a shot that pretty much sums him up well!

mickyblur.jpg

I'm glad he went to a good home where people will really love him! What does your grandma think? I miss having a dog, but I don't miss having a dog...

Aww, he really is adorable! Best of luck with him! I drove five hours and stayed a night in a hotel to acquire my latest beast. I know the feeling, but sometimes you just do what you have to do. Congrats on the new pup! :cheers:

He's too cute! I think its such a wonderful gesture of you to get a dog that your grandma can have as a companion without her being more confused about who it is. I'm sure Mickey-Bobbie will be great therapy for her and you. Congrats on the new addition.

I'm glad he went to a good home where people will really love him! What does your grandma think? I miss having a dog, but I don't miss having a dog...

Grandma thinks he's our old dog. My grandpa and I were over at my aunt's house for dinner and my grandma called my grandpa to check on him (she calls multiple times when he's away) and he asked her how the dog was doing and she said, "oh, he's the same as always", like he'd been there forever, and as far as she's concerned, he has! If you remind her that he's new, she will remember briefly, but then forget later. :spinner:

Back