• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The "blue" motley

Requiem

I have an aqcuaintance who is breeding boas... he was going to breed corns, but he moved away from that in the past couple of years. He has two "blue motleys" (I put them in quotations because I've heard a few debates on this morph)... anyway, he wants to sell 1.1 to me for 150. They're in great shape, feeding on f/t pinky rats, but I was wanting to know more about the morph.

I've read that blue motley hasn't been a proven gene yet, and I was hoping for some advice from you experts. :D General advice, anything you want to offer me before I make a decision on these guys.

Thanks a bunch!
~Amanda

from the pics I've seen of this morph, proven or not, I'd chew my arm of for one, let alone two!

Lol... thanks for the response!

They are really beautiful snakes and I know that Brian wouldn't try to rip me off or anything... I think I'll buy them, but I'm still not too sure.

Do you know anything about the gene with the blue motley?

me? no, I only know about the morph from some beautiful pictures that were on here, the most perfect blued-steel colour. I live in the corn-desert of the uk, luckily mine are american imports into the shop I try not too visit too often. Our gene pool here so much smaller, and I suppose not all importers are going to risk not selling the higher end morphs. My usual shop has lavender motleys for £270, hathclings. Not sure what that would be in dollars, and the owner was complaining that he can't shift them at that price. I did offer to take a couple at super-discount, but he just laughed. :shrugs:

I'm sorry. It's really easy to find corns of all varieties here in Michigan, USA. Hell, I found an ultramel in the petshop I used to work at (luckily, when he came in, I was still taking care of the snakes we had... but now that i've left, they've put their ball pythons on pine!!!! Stupid!). Do you have any decent reptile expos in your area you can go to? Or do you do most of your ordering over the net/locally?

ah, don't be sorry, at least I can see everyone else's corns on here! From the standards of the English websites I've seen, mostly the corns are not really stunning examples, for example most anery corns here are more brown than black, my reptile chap has promised he will pick up any morphs I want from the European shows if I tell him what I want. He has picked out my reverse and my christmas for me, and I think they are nice examples of how they should be. So if I decide what I want next, (and set a budget, mustn't starve children to buy snakes........must resist), he will try to get it for me :santa:

That's awesome. I've always been fond of the Miami phase and blizzard corns, too. I've got my two sunglows, but I must admit, I like the darker morphs. Is your anery type A or B?

And at least you have a connection! Although, yes, starving your children and yourself for snakes is tempting... but we must resist!!!

oh Norwood is an a, just getting a touch of yellow now, here he is
headshot.jpg

in a picture that shows he is brown and grey, not the black colouring
I would have preferred

He's very beautiful! I have an anery, I belive she'll be type A, but I've yet to see good yellow develop. We'll see, though!

the odd thing is, he has pink cheeks, and his saddles are definately getting lighter and pinker in tone. The best thing about corns is there are no guarantees how they will turn out, and they change so much that you are always going to get little surprises. Anyway, back on topic, get those blue motleys!

I think I will. Even if their babies all turn out normal, I'll still profit from it and learn. That's the main reason why I'm getting into corns - learning. I love them. They're so cute!

I saw a site advertising them for $125 a piece... so if that's what they sell for average... then I'm definitely getting a deal.

Back