• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Curiosity of Corn Snakes

Karl_Mcknight

Common Sense Holder
I was discussing with somebody how curious corn snakes are. And the idea for this thread came up.

My snake, Rufus, loves to watch what I am doing. He's very curious. So I am posting a few picture of what I call "The Curiosity of Corn Snakes." I'd love to see your's as well.

Attachments

• rufus - 6 - 7 months.jpg
    rufus - 6 - 7 months.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 83
  • rufus - 5 - 7 months.jpg
    rufus - 5 - 7 months.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 85
  • rufus - 7 - 7 months.jpg
    rufus - 7 - 7 months.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0830.JPG
    IMG_0830.JPG
    335.6 KB · Views: 86
Love those pics! Jag is super curious as well. If I am doing anything "noisy" (ie. moving furniture, opening up a box) she will come and rest her head on something and track my movement around the room.

I also think of CSs as explorers, Jag loves climbing up new things. I'll try to find some pics to add later.

Sierra thought she was being very sneaky going around her water bowl to check out the camera.

dpPWGtQh.jpg

Yes, she was going blue. She's since shed, but she is still recovering from a RI so I haven't gotten photos yet. In fact I need to get good pics of all of them really...

My corn snake does the exact same thing! Whenever he hears someone moving around the room, he pokes his head out and takes a look (unless he is about to shed and hanging out in his moist hide; then we sometimes won't see him for a few days).

Whoa I'm in Beavercreek right now, howdy neighbor.

I have a bunch more photos of Sierra being a nosey Nelly. I should post a few when I get home.

Sierra has been my nosiest corn snake. It could be in part because I keep sticking weird things in her tub that make the air all smelly and wet (nebulizer treatment for her RI).

On this particular occasion, she came over to investigate before settling down with a watchful eye out. Every now and then she'd look up at the tube, but I never managed to catch her doing it.
Jnj4U7zl.jpg

Another time she watched me holding the nebulizer.
jTGlWqEl.jpg

Aaaand another.
AFNkeACl.jpg

Then she realized she could get out while it was running. I had to keep booping her nose back.
MFURw0Kl.jpg

When I was done and actually let her come out, she seemed unsure at first. "No more boops pls!"
45ZRnzXl.jpg

Back