• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Dog Blog :)

sweet~nichole~marie

Tallulah's Mama
Well, I was taking some pics of the dogs this afternoon and thought I would start a thread for them.

We got a new dog a month or so ago . . . some of you may remember that we lost our beloved lab, Klondyke, in Nov and at the end of April I happened to go into Petsmart to pick up a new light bulb for the turtle and Oregon Dog Rescue was having an adoption fair.

There was a Cairn Terrier/Lhasa Apso mix that I absolutely fell in love with. He was 9 months old and a stray picked up in California. He was rescued from a high-kill shelter and transferred to OR for a 2nd chance.

We were not planning on getting a new dog for awhile, but sometimes you just meet one that you know belongs in your family, and Badger was one of those. He is the biggest goofball and is fitting in great with the rest of the dogs.

6-17-10025.jpg

He and Tallaluh are so similar. They both love to play ROUGH. They crash around the house and sound like they are trying to kill each other ~LOL~

6-17-10024.jpg

6-17-10019.jpg

6-17-10021.jpg

Badger also has some of the craziest hair I have ever seen on a dog and it changes every day. I may have to start posting "Badger's Hair of the Day" ~LOL~

6-17-10011.jpg

Tallulah's new line of work - dental hygienist & ear cleaner

So Tallulah, our 2 year old Chihuahua/Dachshund mix is a bit strange. She loves to clean out the ears, noses, and mouths of the other dogs. She will actually stick her head in Buddy's mouth and lick his back teeth. She will also get really far into Buddy's ears to clean them. Weird but true.

6-17-10037.jpg

6-17-10036.jpg

Buddy, our Spaniel/Fox Terrier mix seems to really like it. He gets this dopey look on his face when she cleans his ears. He isn't always so thrilled when she cleans his teeth ~LOL~

6-17-10034.jpg

Got to clean those pearly whites!

6-17-10030.jpg

Last one for now!

This is Maya, our Yorkie/Papillon. She is a rescue from an abuse case that we fostered for 8 months while the court case was being settled. Once all the dogs (~105) were awarded to the Corvallis Humane Society, we were able to adopt her. She still has a few issues that she would probably always have, but we are happy to have given her a loving home so that she could learn what it is like to cared for and loved and spoiled.

6-17-10012.jpg

Please feel free to add your own dog photos and stories! :wavey:

Cute babies, Heather! Love the last one :) Our lab knew the command "Pull" so we would grab the rope and tell him to "Pull" He would put his whole body into it, grunting and "harfing" the whole time ~LOL~ Too funny.

Maya is so cute!
I added pics of mine, but didn't add their bio...
Rory turned 5yrs old last April. I got her from a puppy rescue that gets whole litters of puppies from eastern Washington, (I guess there's a higher number of strays)-her mom was found giving birth to the pups under a construction trailer. She obviously has GSD, & I think she's part lab too.

Koda came from WA GSD Rescue. He was supposed to be a temporary foster, I was only supposed to watch him for 4 days, while his foster family was out of town for Thanksgiving. Before the end of the 1st day, I fell in love with him. He's a big teddy bear! I left a message for the coordinator that I wanted to adopt him. He was underweight, (you could see his ribs, hips & spine), poor guy had diarrhea. I was giving him small frequent meals, which he gobbled up, until later in the day, he stopped eating & started vomitting, so I called the rescue vet, who told me to bring him in. So, at 6am on Thanksgiving morning, I took him to the rescue vet, who did blood tests, exrays, the whole thing. He had hookworm, colistits (sp?) & had a golf ball in his stomach, & had to have surgury right away to remove it.
I called the rescue coordinator to update her & told her I didn't care what the vet bill cost,I wanted to adopt this dog. The vet gave me the rescue discount & the vet bill was basically my adoption fee.
The vet also showed me a scar around Koda's midsection, just in front of his hips. The scar reminded me of what is left after a dog has a collar that ends up too smalle, & has to be cut out because it was imbedded. He had some nerve damage for a little bit, & couldn't tell that he had to pee, but that has resolved itself & he hasn't had any problems since.

I've had Koda for 3 & 1/2 years now, & I'm so glad that I took him in for "temporary" foster. :D

Cute babies, Heather! Love the last one :) Our lab knew the command "Pull" so we would grab the rope and tell him to "Pull" He would put his whole body into it, grunting and "harfing" the whole time ~LOL~ Too funny.

That's funny! Rory will make that "harfing" noise, every now & then, but not often. That rope that she has, is part of a big blue ball, the rope goes through the center of it. She will either sink her teeth into the ball & bite down, to make a wooshing sound, from the holes in it, or she'll hang onto one end of the rope & shake the whole thing, which sometimes makes me nervous, that she'll hit herself in the head with it.
087.jpg

084.jpg

095.jpg

183koda.jpg

This was our first fur-baby Xander!! I LOVED that dog!!

Attachments

• 4603.jpg
    4603.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 16
Rescues are the best! Of course, there is something to be said for getting a puppy and watching it grow, but I love to help out the dogs that people have abandoned. Almost all of our animals have been rescues. I love that last pic (is it Rory?). Glad Koda found you!

I compltely agree about rescues! Koda bonded with me as if I had him from a puppy. I think they know when they've been rescued. I got the best of both worlds, with Rory, she's a rescue, but I got to raise her from a puppy.

Back