• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Great Escape!!

Sedona

I never thought it would happen to me, but my baby escaped from his tank. I am still not sure how, but I was so worried about him. I found him!!!! That will NEVER happen again. He was so cold and unhappy. I am just so glad i found him( under my daughters bed).

It happens to the best of us. We have had about 4 or 5 escapees in the past few years. A small yearling king snake was out for 4 months. I had totally written him off. One day he turned up in the rodent room (surprise surprise). Very ticked off and dehydrated but alive none the less!

Another, we have no idea how he was out for nearly 6 months are we didn't spot him. We have mostly dark furniture, no basement and this guy was a 960 gram bright orange amel! Just turned up one day cruising across the floor when the cat spotted it.

Actually, all except one (I think) was found by our pesky cat. I guess she is good for something after all!

Glad you found your escapee, but don't beat yourself up about it. Corns are escape artists and it happens to all of us from time to time.

Q

yeah i lost my brand new baby anery (i always liked this morph of corn) anyway it was my pride and joy when i got it. i went on holiday my Nan was looking after it. she was changing the water this once and left the top of and well yeah you no the rest.

anyway its Ben about 3 weeks now and i still cant find the thing. i have took all the furnature out of the rooms the lot and sill no sign. I'm starting to think its time to give up searching even though i shouldn't.

the worst part is its Autumn over here and its Cold. so i think his chance of survival is low. :cry:

Sedona said:
I never thought it would happen to me, but my baby escaped from his tank. I am still not sure how, but I was so worried about him. I found him!!!! That will NEVER happen again. He was so cold and unhappy. I am just so glad i found him( under my daughters bed).
yea..i have my viv in my front room...(which is about 25 feet from my bedroom)..went to play with my corn and he wasnt there :cry: ...lokked 4 about three weeks and then assumed the worst..then a week later i went to put on a hat in my bedroom and he fell right into my lap...looked surprisingly healthy.. :shrugs:

Screens

I bought a replacement lid because the screen of the original slide in lid had a tear in it. I guess the replacement lid wasnt a good enough fit. Reading all of your posts made me realize that I was lucky to find him right away...well it took an hour. Right now I have the slide in lid plus the replacement lid on top of that.......call me paranoid, but there are also 6 rocks on top of that, in addition to the lights. Have any of you ever replaced the screen in a lid? I don't want to have to buy a whole new tank! I would love to make my own viv someday......I am just not very handy =).
So I am sort of new to the forum....once you post a thread, how do you find the replys after a couple days? .......

dionythicus said:
If you lose a snake, get a cat! They will find it faster than anything. :)

That's what I was afraid of! We have two cats.......they are really "into" the snake. I keep the door closed to that room, because I am afraid they may knock over the tank or heat lamp. Good thing or there may not have been a happy ending.

Back