• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

the pendulum swings...

Thoth

the n00biest n00b
Since Eve has been blue, and the humidity around here's been below 30%, I put a humid hide in there for her. She had a perfect shed two nights ago, so I fed her last night (she refused her pinks while blue). But now my problem is she might be *too* wet. Except when she was in her feeding tub, she's been in her humid hide pretty much non-stop for 2-3 days. I know corn snakes can develop blisters if they're allowed to stay too humid. So what should I do? Should I wait another day and a half for her to digest, then remove the hide? Should I disturb her now and risk a regurge?

Oh, and a little more to complicate things: from the advice several members gave me about the oppressive, ineluctable heat that's bearing down on LA right now, I moved her viv to the living room near the air conditioner. But the way her viv is positioned (which I can't change), the place she normally hides is much brighter and exposed, so I think that's why she's chosen this new hide. I wrapped three sides of the viv in aluminum foil to both reflect some light/heat away and make it darker in there for her (the living room is incredibly bright even with all the shades drawn).

Am I just overthinking this? :shrugs:

-jimmie

The extra humidity in the hide shouldn't be a problem for a few more days. Let her digest her meal and then remove the hide.

Cool. Thanks, all. I'll wait 'til tomorrow night or the next morning and steal her hide away.

Back