• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The two girls are now two boys!

quixoft

So the petshop said they were both girls of which I was skeptical but who am I to disagree being new to corns.

Well, after watching Kathy Love's video tutorial on popping, I finally got the cojones to try and pop them myself to find out. Wouldn't you know it, the first time I tried on both snakes those two little spikes pop right out!

So now Luna and Astonia are Thor and IDon'tKnowYet.

What's really cool is that they are siblings so it's possible that the anery is het amel and the amel is het anery. I'm going to contact the pet store and see if I can track down the parents. If one of them is a snow I'll be really happy with the guaranteed hets!

Since I just picked up two females(I trust Brent more than the pet store!) from Dakota Corns, a bloodred het lavender, and a lavender bloodred, I think I'll have a good setup to start some cool breeding trials in a few years!

I don't know how it will work out or if it's even possible but if none of the genes hide the others, in 6 or 7 years, lavender blood snow stripes here I come! I'm guessing the lavender would be the one that is lost but who knows? I definitely plan on trying though!

Pics of the two newly sexed snakes.

Thor

thor.jpg

IDon'tKnowYet

idontknow.jpg

You got them at a pet store and they are stripe and females!!!
Wow!! you mind me ask the price of them??

I'm like the anery, IDon'tKnowYet.
...just cause thats my next direction..in four years.

They were supposed to be females(not that it mattered at the time) but now I know they are both males. They were $60 each.

Back