• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Thermastat ?

pebblelu

I got a Acur- rite thermastat from wa-mart, but dh threw away the instruction. My question is which temp do you go by. the one that shows or the one when you push the temp button? It says one thing but when i push the button theres a 20 degree diffrence. Thanks

If it is this one...
00891A1.jpg

Then all you have to do is place the probe on one end, and the unit on the other end of the enclosure. The window that says "Inside Temp" will be the temp. at the end of the enclosure that the actual unit is sitting at. The window that says "Outside Temp" will be the temp on the end where the probe is.
When you hit that button you are viewing the highest and lowest ever recorded temp. for that unit...it has a memory feature. I have never used this feature, but I'm sure somebody could find use for it. If you aren't seeing two temp.'s displayed in the window, and are instead seeing a temp and the time; you need to hit the clock/temp button to switch it. You should now be seeing two temps....an "Inside and Outside", or to you a "Warm-end and a Cool-End" reading.

Here are some instructions that should work with this model: http://www.atomixtime.com/pgs/pdfs/00887DigitalTherm.pdf

Thank you. That is the one I got So the temp it reads is what the real temp is, so now I know not to even bother pushing the button to see what that says. Thats what was confusing me.

No problem..that's the one alot of people use, and what I used for my Ball Pythons...I never used the history button...my temps don't fluctuate so I have no reason to know what the lowest/highest recorded temps are...but it's there if you need it I guess :D

Back