• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Thermo-Hygrometer Digital

Unless it has a probe to read the temp of the substrate where the snake is it wont be what you need. You need to be able to read the temp at the hottest place your snake can get, such as the glass temp right on top of the uth if thats how your heating the tank?

well the gauge thermo and hygro is place like an inch over the substrate and i am using a heating lamp right now. heating lamps is on the very right side and the gauge thermo/hygro is like in the middle.

you need to be able to read the temp directly where your snake gets it heat. thats why a thermometer with a probe is best. that way you know what the temp of the surface that your snake is on and can keep it from getting burned. I suggest a uth with a thermostat or rheostat to control the heat over a heat lamp, because its better for digesting food when it gets its heat from the ground. if your going to stick with the lamp for heat then you need to put the thermometer probe on the surface under the lamp. hot side temps should be 85f and cold side should be 70 to 75f

I see where I place the gauge which is alittle away from the heatin lamp it usually reads 80 n I figure on the other side of tank is cooler wat is a diff between a probe thermo n a reg thermo. So do u think the zilla thermo/hygro gauge is pretty accurate?

the probe thermometer reads the temp from the probe thats why its better because you can read the temp of the ground surface with it. A regular thermometer cant read the ground temp just the air temp where its at. im sure the zilla is accurate but you cant read the ground temp with it because it dose not have a probe. you need to know what the temp of the ground your snake is on not the side of the tank

oh ok! so the link you gave me for the digital and that thing at the end of it at the bottom is the probe with you are suppose to stick it to the glass but touching the substrate? right? lol i know dumb questions! sorry!

since your use'n a lamp place the probe on the substrate below the lamp. not in the air or the wall of the tank.

oh ok where i have the lamp i have a rock dome under it should i move the rock dome aside and just palce the probe right under the lamp cuz i figure my snake might wanna lay on the rock and basking himself or something

honestly a lamp isnt the best way to heat it. you need to get a uth and thermostat or rheostat to control the temp like they were talking about in your other thread. snakes dont bask under a lamp like lizzard would. they like to hide thats why a uth is best.
try the search and for uth and tank heating there is alot of threads with good info on how to set up your tank that i think will help you out.

And also one more question wen I put the heatin pad under the tank should I leave that area clear or can I put a rock dome over it or maybe even a half log? Thanks again for ur help

You should put a hide over the heating source yes. But remember the pad isn't in the tank it's outside underneath.

Back