• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

They ate!!!

NinaCaliente

We fed our two new corns for the first time. We started with Fluffy. We put him in a small container with a pinky, and he seemed interested but didn't eat it. We were disappointed, but we thought we'd leave him alone and give him some time, so we placed the container in his cage and moved on to the next snake.

For Monalisa, we decided to try some strategies we'd read about. I poked the pinky's head with a pushpin, and put it with Monalisa in her deli cup inside her cage. She started eating immediately! We were so excited. :dancer:

Back to check on Fluffy. No change, so we moved him into his deli cup and poked the pinky's head, then put the cup back in the cage. He started eating before we even set the cup down!

So now we know the magic trick to entice them, I guess!

Congrats!!:dancer:

Good job thinking to poke the head. You may need to continue to do this for a while. One other method to consider, is one called 'slitting'. This is using a knife or scissors to cut a few slits on the back of the pink. This not only helps with inticing the snake to eat, but also aids in digestion. Many people on here, including myself, use this method.

ok gonna show how stupid i am you dont just drop the mouse in you gotta entice them to eatare they always that fickled thanks bang bang peace out

ok gonna show how stupid i am you dont just drop the mouse in you gotta entice them to eatare they always that fickled thanks bang bang peace out

No they are not always fussy eaters some corns will eat straight away, others need a little help i.e piercing the snakes head. As for making insertions along the snakes back, this aids digestion and promotes growth

Back