• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

They're out!

Gorn

I'm so happy!:cheers:
The last one of 12 hatchling came out of is egg yesterday. They are my fisrt corn ever produced. They started pippin exacly a week ago after 57 days of incubation at temps between 81 and 84. Only one of the 13 eggs my snow female laid turned bad afther 2 weeks. I wasn't so shure of the father cause she was put to my bloodred male and my older amel male. I'm now 99% shure that it was my amel male who did the job and that he's het for anery A.

Results are : 9 snows and 3 amels

From the 9 snows one is unusualy pink. He was the first one to shed this afthernoon. I took some pics and gave him is first live pinky witch he ate straight away. He stangly look like those coral snows. I guess that would mean both parents are het hypo.
Is that what they mean by beginers luck? :p
Anyway he's a keeper for shure. I'll try to post comparison pics when his snow and amel siblings shed. This is a post-shed picture of him. Let me know what you all think...

Attachments

• pink snow post shed.jpg
    pink snow post shed.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 272
Oooh thats so nice!

*sigh* This was going to be my first year producing babys (snows and amels) but my amel stripe sold as a male did not show any male interest to my sexy snow...:awcrap:

can we get a belly pciture of that snake..... not to get anyones hopes up but to me, that one looks alot like a motley. Im just curious... thanks,

Wes Spinks:cheers:

I have hatched some amels that looked just like that when they first came out. However, after time the "normal" amel coloring came in. I suspect that's what is going on with this one. Keep us updated and let us know.

Thank you all for replying!!!

mattsnake said:
Oooh thats so nice!

*sigh* This was going to be my first year producing babys (snows and amels) but my amel stripe sold as a male did not show any male interest to my sexy snow...:awcrap:

I'm sorry to ear that mattsnake:( Keep trying, it's not to late...

elaphe4herps said:
..... not to get anyones hopes up but to me, that one looks alot like a motley. Im just curious...

That's what I first tought to! But even I a few of them look motley, They all have fully paterned belly, including this one. Too bad!

carol said:
I have hatched some amels that looked just like that when they first came out. However, after time the "normal" amel coloring came in. I suspect that's what is going on with this one. Keep us updated and let us know.

Carol, do you remember how mutch time the red took to come out.
I really wish is not just a amel...

I'm keeping him anyway. At least till I'm shure of what he is. I'm going on a little camping trip for 3 days so I'll take some picswith regular snows and amels when I'll be back this week-end. So far 7 of them have shed and accepted there first live pinky.

It still could be something more, I didn't mean to get your hopes down. If it is an amel, it shoud be getting it's color in a month or two. It will be fun to see what happens.

Here is one pic early on....

;-)

Attachments

• revmiami.jpg
    revmiami.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 173
Here is the same hatchling about two months later, sorry for the fuzzy pic.

Attachments

• revmiami.jpg
    revmiami.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 169
carol said:
It still could be something more, I didn't mean to get your hopes down. If it is an amel, it shoud be getting it's color in a month or two. It will be fun to see what happens.

Carol, Your probably right...I might be a bit too entousiastic (is that the righ word in english??). That snake you posted really look like mine. Anyway here's a pic of him with a snow and amel siblings. Sorry for the blurry pic. They wouldn't stand still!

By the way, thanks Simon!

Attachments

• p4160544 trio.jpg
    p4160544 trio.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 65
Yeah, I'd say thats an amel. When the amel hatchlings' yellow colour starts to come in, that lil unusual one is probably going to be VERY yellow!

Gorn, do you have an updated picture of the "odd" looking one? I'm just curious to see how it is looking now.

Thanks!
Traci

Back