• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

This is strange.

Razorblade Jinx

My Circe has been very inactive lately, mostly, I suspect, because I have been giving her large pinkies and she needs a while to get them down her system. Well I went to a different pet store today to get substrate. Usually I use the brick thing that sponges out in water into earth type stuff. The pet store I went to didn’t have the same brand of brick substrate I always use. So I got the other brand and fixed it up in the viv and fed Circe. Well, I put her back in there and she will NOT come down. She is climbing all over the place trying to get away from the substrate. August seems fine with it.
Anyone else have this happen?

Are you sure she's trying to get away from it? It could be that it smells different so she's just trying to figure it out and is doing that by climbing on something that is familiar (I'm assuming that when you say she won't come down she's climbing on something). When I switched my snakes from the coconut fiber to aspen they loved it and kept moving around just to explore. It could be something like that, new stimulation - especially if you other snake seems fine with it. I'd just double check the contents and make sure there aren't any differences (shouldn't be if it's the same type of thing) and give her time to adjust. I'm sure someone else with more experience will chime in as well but that's what I would guess (if it's the only thing that has changed that is).

~Katie

Back