• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

thought I'd say hello

bamagecko

Hey guys, I've been lurking for awhile now, I am thirteen years old and plan to get a snake, probably a corn some time this fall. I own a crested gecko, some fish, and lots of mamals/ poutry.

After years I've finally got the green light from my parent to get a snake so I'm really reading up on snakes, I'm not new to forums, I'm a member of a large crested gecko forum, a ball python forum, and a betta fish forum!

So see you around!

Welcome to the Forum! Now you can tell other people you are a member of a big CornSnake Forum! Its a really good thing you are researching about corn snakes before you get one. Many people, new to corn snakes, make the mistake of not doing that, and end up with a dead snake. This forum can help you with all your questions. Just dont be afraid to ask!
And another thing. Us, here at the forum, love to see pictures of new snakes. So when you get one, be sure to post a picture. ;)

And in the meantime, we do have lizard owners here so post a gecko picture to start with.

Corn snakes are great! They are easy to care for, great eaters, and come in many color & pattern variations. They don't get huge. They aren't on-and-off eaters like ball pythons can be (my BP is driving me crazy with that!). I have read that lizards have complex care requirements, that they need their viv to be perfect in order to be healthy, and they need UV lights, and... Compared to what I have read about lizards, corn snakes are REALLY easy.

Yes, I made the mistake of not researching before i got my Corn snake Coral. I had her for.. four years i got lucky.. she and the rest of my corn snakes and one of my BPs died all due to what i think was a diese brought in by the BP.

Corn Snakes In Captivity by Don Soderberg, 2006

Corn Snakes : The Comprehensive Owner's Guide by Kathy & Bill Love, 2005

welcome.jpg

Hello & welcome from Idaho! Great to have you on the forum. Crested geckos are awesome critters too!

Back