• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Thoughts?

RubyScales

Hi guys! So I picked up this interesting little snake not too long ago from a local pet store. I saw it and it immediately caught my eye because of how strange it looks. At first I thought it was an odd motley but now I'm thinking hybrid, especially because of the head shape. Anyway, any thoughts on it are appreciated!

just looks like a young corn snake to me. They have Big Heads as babies. He will probably grow into his head over time

Head looks Corn, but the saddles and side pattern look odd. Could be a hybrid. Sometimes further generations have weird throwbacks.

Cute baby. Congrats. It is a very interesting little snake. Very pretty pattern and color. Motleys have no checkers, so that's not it.

Motleys have no checkers, so that's not it.

There have been quite a few proven homo motleys with sparse belly checkers, but it's rare and not well understood.

I've seen another oddity like this one, but I don't know if any answers as to what was going on were found.

Hybrids produced from corns x kings, etc. will vary wildly. It appears to be one to me. The head looks corn but the pattern shows signs of hybridizing. There's quite a few hybrid breeders out there ;)

Great looking snake no matter what !! :)

Back