• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Time for Fuzzies??

MyLittleGuyCyrus

Hi All!

I went to feed Cyrus yesterday and I was so excited because he was supposed to get his first fuzzy! However, when I pulled that thing out of it's package I freaked.....the thing looked huge to me! I was terrified to give it to Cyrus, so he got 2 pinkies instead (oddly, only eating one of them, I think he may be going into blue)!

Cyrus is 25 grams now. According to the Munson Plan which I have faithfully followed I am to bump him to fuzzies that weigh between 5-7 grams when he hits 24 grams. So, he should get the fuzzy now, but man....it looked huge! It says on the package it was a fuzzy weighing 5 grams....do I need to relax a little?

I am leary of giving it to him and causing a regurge (he has never had one), but if my Snake Gods tell me it's OK I will do it!

Please let me know!

If it looks too big, it possibly is. But remember: they can eat something one and a half times their girth. I had a couple of '08s that munched on their first fuzzy at last feeding. They looked pretty big, but they managed to get them down without a regurge. I wish I could tell you the weights, but I don't have a scale.
Good luck!

I didn't take Cyrus out and set him kind near the fuzzy to see and probably it's OK, but man the size difference between a fuzzy and a pinkie is amazing. I thought a fuzzy would look a little bigger then a pinkie but with a bit of hair! This thing looked like a full on mouse but smaller!!!

You must have gotten some nice fuzzies... The ones I got are almost the same size as the pinkies. Something I do is take all the feeders out of their bag and organize them by size. Start w/ small ones and finish w/ the largest.

I just got these ones at Petsmart or Petco. I bought 100 pinkies from the internet and now I am gonna be stuck with a ton of pinkies. So I thought I would by the Fuzzies from the store since he is only on them for 6 grams. Hopwever, these guys are big and Cyrus is gaining good weight on the pinkies, so I may keeo him on the pinkies until he is 30 grams and then introduce the Fuzzy....unless of course I chicken out again....LOL!!

Back