• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Time of day feeding?

For most snakes, no. But if you have one that is a bit more stubborn, try feeding in the late evening when most corns are naturally active.

Sometimes if I feed mine before they have started "hunting" I will have to drag them out of their hide to show them the mouse; if I don't it is still there in the morning & I just show it to them then & they will eat it. Usually, though mine are hungry by the time I get around to the next feeding & will come out at night to find whatever I left for them.

i agree

as cornspot already said, i usually feed mine in the day (99%) of the time but my latest blizzard was a little stubborn so i put her in her feeding tub with a pinkie and put her in a dark place or lights out depending on the time of day, and she'll eat it. this could be due to them being nocturnal (more active at night) which is when they usaully go on the prowl for food. so basically it depends on the snake and them getting used to your routine

I usually feed mine in the evening, because that's when it is more convenient for me. However, I have fed them at all hours of the day, and they eat just fine.

yeah my mom and I feed our first snake before school when we are getting ready to go..that works well for him..We just tried to feed our new baby at the same time and he seemed to take it right away..Hopefully this works and we can do the same for both.thanks for the info.:)

Evening

I always fed at night since I got mine, he's had 5 feedings. I feed him Thursdays right after I get home from work and the pet store around 7 o clock. The room is normally dark, I switch on his night light (have a day lamp and night lamp) and then place the pinkie behind his log hide he is normally under and he goes right after it no prob. I know lots of people feed in the day though. But based off all the place your corn in a small dish or tuppleware, in a dark enclosed space, etc tricks it seems like picky eaters will eat more willingly during evening hours. Unless you simulate evening with lights and stuff. Use the search tool in the top of the forum, should get plenty of advice and threads where you can find advice on the subject. Good luck if you do experience probs, but there is so much stuff to try i'm sure you'll be fine.

I have always fed my in the evening as well...
usually right before, I get ready for bed.

Even though they usually head straight for a hide, I prefer it because, I am certain they will not be bother by lights or extra sounds that I may make. Perhaps helping them settle in more comfortably.
Not to mention... that is when they would probably be active and looking for food in the wild...

But overall, I think as long as yours is eating well, the timing would not make a difference.
Maybe someone with many years of experience may have noticed a difference…!?

BeckyG said:
I usually feed mine in the evening, because that's when it is more convenient for me. However, I have fed them at all hours of the day, and they eat just fine.
I agree. Good feeders eat at any time of day that you offer food to them. My weekday feedings are done in the evening, and my weekend feedings are usually done in the morning. It doesn't seem to matter to the snakes...

Back