• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Time to bump up?

Zannah

I've been following the Munson plan for Asali and Timone, who are both about 5 months old, but I'm now a bit confused. Both weigh 12 grams, so I have been happily feeding one pinky every 4/5 days, but on a thread I have just read someone was being advised that a 15 inch long snake should be on more than that. Asali is 15 inches and Timone is 16, so should I be feeding them on two pinkies now? They seem to be taking two to three days to pass what they have eaten, though there is only a slight bulge after they have eaten.

What do you think?

As the author of the "Munson Plan" I'm a little confused. If you've been following it, there's no way that 5-month old snakes should be 12g unless your temperatures are WAY off or unless there are stress factors being introduced. You're not keeping these snakes together, are you?

Do you have pics maybe?? because even hatchlings weigh about that ... so at 5 months on the munson plan... they should be alot bigger than that :shrugs:

First of all, I had a blonde moment last night and managed to calculate 30 centimetres as 15 inches! Sorry. Timone and Asali are 12 inches long.

I have had Timone for just over a month now and Asali for only 2 weeks, so they've only been on the Munson Plan in that time. Timone was 8 gram when I got him and he is now 12, so he is putting the weight on quite nicely now. Asali has put on 2 gram in the two weeks we've had him.

Also, the petshop didn't know their ages, and they thought Timone was 3/4 months old when I got him. They think Asali is the same age, though not from the same clutch.

Should I just carry on with 1 pinky every 5 days until they reach 15g as the plan states?

well, that sounds abit more like it :) if they are indeed only three quarters of a month old and weigh that much then yes, keep with the plan :)

Roy Munson said:
As the author of the "Munson Plan" I'm a little confused. If you've been following it, there's no way that 5-month old snakes should be 12g unless your temperatures are WAY off or unless there are stress factors being introduced. You're not keeping these snakes together, are you?

No, the snakes are kept separately, and I keep a check on the temps and they are fine. I can't think of any other factors that would cause stress. They have been putting on weight - about 1 gram a week since I got them, does this sound about right?

Zannah said:
I've been following the Munson plan for Asali and Timone, who are both about 5 months old, but I'm now a bit confused. Both weigh 12 grams, so I have been happily feeding one pinky every 4/5 days, but on a thread I have just read someone was being advised that a 15 inch long snake should be on more than that. Asali is 15 inches and Timone is 16, so should I be feeding them on two pinkies now? They seem to be taking two to three days to pass what they have eaten, though there is only a slight bulge after they have eaten.

What do you think?
Hi Zannah, if they indeed have only a slight bulge after eating and it is gone within 24hrs, I would bump up to two pinkies every 5 days.

Back